The Light Keeps Us Safe is an app created by Big Robot Ltd. The Light Keeps Us Safe was first published on . The Light Keeps Us Safe is available on Steam.The sky has flickered and gone out. The food is gone and the power can't last much longer. You can’t stay down here, cowering in the bunker. Those things out there in the dark will only take so l...
The Light Keeps Us Safe Review
The Light Keeps Us Safe is an app by Big Robot Ltd. The Light Keeps Us Safe was first published on . The Light Keeps Us Safe is accessible on Steam.
The sky has flickered and gone out. The food is gone and the power can't last much longer. You can’t stay down here, cowering in the bunker. Those things out there in the dark will only take so long to find their way in... It's time to go outside and face what's waiting for you out there. Maybe then you can go into The Light, like the others...
Only The Light Can Keep Us Safe.
THE LIGHT KEEPS US SAFE is a procedurally-generated apocalypse in which you must master light to survive. Use stealth and evasion to avoid terrifying machines that patrol the desolate world, and employ the powers of Light to unpick their deadly traps.
Featuring these terrifying and entertainingly bleak things:
- A sprawling world of stealth, survival, and exploration from the makers of SIR, YOU ARE BEING HUNTED and THE SIGNAL FROM TÖLVA.
- Horrifying and aggressive alien-machine enemies! Run, hide, and stave off death at the hands of a nightmarish cast of evil machines. Fight your instincts as you hide from light-fearing enemies in plain sight, in spotlights, under streetlamps, or even among the failing, flickering illuminations of burned out factories and railway yards.
- Unique light-based puzzles and challenges. Upgrade your modular flashlight to discover hidden structures, charge up light-sensitive machines, dazzle and overload enemies!
- Fiendish traps and disturbing hostile environments! Discover a grim world of pitfalls, poison, tripwires, booby-traps and hallucinations.
- A dark and disorentating procedurally-generated environment, different for each playthrough!
- A grim sense of existential threat (because we're good at that sort of thing...)
- No crafting though, because we find that a bit dull.
- A tremendous sense of satisfaction in overcoming certain doom. You want that feeling, don't you? It's a good feeling.